Governor Matthew Marcos Manotoc said Ilocos Norte has already flattened the curve or reduce the rate of transmission of COVID-19 in the province.
The politiko made the declaration on Saturday, April 11, after the province’s first two positive cases have already tested negative twice for the disease. Ilocos Norte also has no new confirmed cases in almost two weeks.
“With no new confirmed transmission of COVID-19 in almost two weeks since the province’s first cases, we have flattened the curve and have so far contained the virus,” Manotoc said.
Still, the governor said there is no room to be complacent.
“As such, we continue to solicit the usual cooperation of our kakailian for a healthy Ilocos Norte. Please stay at home, exercise at least 30 minutes a day, and observe maximum social distancing at all times. And let’s remind our kakailian to not come home yet,” Manotoc said.
The Provincial Government of Ilocos Norte is glad to announce that the first two COVID-19 cases have tested NEGATIVE for…