northluzon.politics.com.ph

Sarrat mayor Medrano says 26 patients recovered from COVID-19

0

LAOAG CITY – The town of Sarrat in Ilocos Norte recorded 26 recoveries from the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) on Saturday.

In a statement, Mayor Remigio Medrano said this is out of a total of 32 Covid-19 cases in the town, with five active cases and one death.

The active cases are currently in isolation units and would be discharged after a 14-day quarantine.

To date, there is no new case in Sarrat town.

The spike in Covid-19 cases in the town was traced to a family gathering, prompting a lockdown in various parts of Sarrat including its major business establishments.

“Discipline, honesty, and cooperation are all we ask. Follow protocols and health standards. Let us be patient, love one another and help fight this pandemic,” said Medrano as he gradually lifted the lockdown after the identified close and secondary contacts of previously confirmed cases yielded negative swab test results.

The barangays that were put under a localized lockdown include Santa Rosa, San Bernabe, San Miguel, Sto. Santiago, San Felipe, and San Isidro.

“Sarrat is recovering and we thank you for remaining disciplined and patient throughout these difficult times,” said Governor Matthew Joseph Manotoc in a virtual press conference.

Some of the affected residents were perceived as not cooperative with the police who are leading the contract tracing investigation.

But with proper training and guidance in interviewing persons presumed to have Covid-19, the situation in Sarrat is now under control, said the governor. (PNA)

Facebook Comments