Mayor Martin De Guzman III has bright plans for Bauang, La Union.
The politiko revealed his priority projects during his State of the Municipality Address held last Wednesday, July 19 at Barangay Acao.
His priorities include the following:
1. Strengthening collection of locally sourced revenues and establishing a stronger and more competitive municipal organizational structure
2. Intensifying the campaign against criminality and illegal drugs
3. Strict compliance to Republic Act Number 9003 and the Ecological Solid Waste Management of 2000
4. Zero defecation and sustainability of the national anti-smoking ban
5. Livelihood programs for drug surrenderees and women
6.Creation of the Bakawan, Bauang Eco-Tourism and Mangrove Park and the restoration of historical and cultural heritage
7. Infrastructure for a sports development program at the Bauang North Central School
8. Strengthen the participation of civil social organizations, “Libreng Sakay” program for the elderly, and full support for the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program
“Peace and order in our town will only be possible if we cooperate with each other. Through the help of God, we can show our love to the Bauangenios through the committed service we extend,” said De Guzman.