Ilocos Sur Governor Ryan Singson was happy to announce that the province is once again free from COVID-19 as of Saturday, June 27.
In a Facebook post, the politiko said the four confirmed cases who were previously recorded in the province have all recovered from the disease.
“With everyone’s effort and cooperation, Ilocos Sur has recorded zero COVID deaths. All four confirmed cases have now recovered and the best news of all is that there has never been any local transmission in the province since this pandemic began,” Singson said.
“Let us continue doing our part in protecting each other from this invisible enemy,” the governor added.