A Cabinet post for Bongbong? ‘Tatanggapin kapag inalok’
Former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos will not refuse an offer from President Rodrigo Duterte to join his Cabinet.
However, Marcos clarified in an interview on GMA News’ “Unang Balita” Friday (July 14) that he and Duterte have yet to talk about a possible Cabinet post for him.
“Tatanggapin kapag inalok. Pero wala pa naman kaming piag-usapan na ganun ni Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte. Pag may-alok, mahirap tanggihan,” he said.
Marcos was previously rumored to be the new head of the Department of Interior and Local Government, but the appointment did not push through.
Should he be appointed to the Cabinet, the former senator believes he can still continue his electoral protest against Vice President Leni Robredo.
“Napag-usapan na namin ‘yan, pero hindi naman yata magiging problema ang electoral protest sa [posibleng appointment], kasi sa panahon ni Mar Roxas may protesta siya … at na-appoint naman siya sa DOTC, then sa DILG… So, sa palagay ko hindi [magkakaproblema],” he said.
Marcos was referring to Roxas’ poll protest after losing to then Vice President Jejomar Binay in the 2010 elections.
Recommended on other sites
Politiko Main Latest News
Central Luzon Latest News
Metro Manila Latest News
South Luzon Latest News
Bicol Latest News
Visayas Latest News
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.